Full Stack Developer with Student Information Systems (SIS) Experience
At Genius Plaza we are working towards igniting the genius in every child, most importantly with underserved markets. To do so, we are building interactive digital platforms for teachers and students across the world. To better serve our global market, we are looking for a Student Information Systems Developer to provide Genius Plaza teammates with technical support for multiple applications used for managing student data, ensures data is correctly captured and tracked for reporting purposes, manages the integration of student data with other systems, and supports technology projects that play a key role in realizing Genius Plaza's mission.
Detailed Description/What you will do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Builds APIs to connect Genius Plaza to two way communication with existing SIS.
Designs, builds, and implements changes, extensions and enhancements to SIS application program and reports according to software standards and conventions;
Reviews and debugs existing customizations and reports, as necessary;
Meets with non-technical staff to define user requirements;
- Coordinates systems upgrade activity, where appropriate;
- Tests computer programs and their behavior under all operating environments;
- Implements changes to existing systems caused by statutory changes or new ideas submitted by users;
- Assists with and/or conduct training programs for analysts/developers, consultants and users;
- Coordinates development and maintenance of a test environment including procedures for migration to production environment;
- Coordinates and supports interfaces to legacy systems, as required;
Documents all procedures used in reports and customizations;
Selects the most innovative and efficient methods for developing and implementing new computer programs and systems;
- Reviews existing computer programs and recommends refinements, improvements, and enhancements to ensure that the most efficient methods are employed;
- Updates technical skills and knowledge through continuous self-study, self-discovery, tutorials, and classes;
- Troubleshoots problems and issues encountered by system users, suggest resolutions, and resolve those problems and issues;
- Assists clients in resolving problems in the use of software;
- Coordinates new and revised systems with project managers;
- Meets with other developers and staff to coordinate the development of new operating environments and programs;
- Works with commercial vendors to develop appropriate programs and/or interfaces;
Lead, mentor and supervise junior personnel when needed
Performs all related work as required
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Thorough knowledge of software development practices, business and administrative management systems, and student and personnel records systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle RDBMS;
- Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL in a Windows and or Linux/UNIX environment is required;
- Working knowledge of Oracle related development tools such as Application Express and TOAD;
- Working knowledge of Java, XML and XSLT and experience with designing and coding nonstandard report formats and tuning code performance;
- Ability to provide, under supervision assistance in determining the most feasible means for developing new programs and systems;
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team and effective human relations skills;
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to express business and technical concepts both verbally and in writing to non-technical personnel;
- Experience or knowledge of integrating systems via methods such as file exports and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) software or messaging software;
- Ability to develop a project plan and lead a cross functional team through the entire projects lifecycle.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree, Masters preferred in Computer Science or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university, or any equivalent combinations of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A proven record of success as a developer, with six (6) years of application development experience required. Some experience or familiarity with large scale computerized systems.